Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday: Wasn't planning on working out, but got roped into an Insanity DVD workout with Zim. Plyometrics Cardio Interval. Haven't done this workout in a good 2 months. And yeah, kicked my ass a bit. My feet were off the ground half the time and level 1 drills just...kill you. Pretty much a burpee with 4 push-ups inbetween. Braved through it and sweated a bunch. I showered, then off to work and the shore.

Saturday: A beautiful morning at the Jersey shore. A little hot, a little humid, I went for a 40 minute run. Ran 4 and 1/2 + miles. Lovely run. Beach run. The tide at your feet, amazing scenery, and that beach smell. LOVE it! Ran into my dad at the end of my run who wanted to take a picture of me. Got back to the house and finished up my workout.



50 crunches
50 bicycle crunches
25 push-ups
25 Bulgarian bag presses
25 Bulgarian bag rows
25 jumping lunges
25 burpees

Repeat both crunches, all strength work at 20 reps

Repeat both crunches, all strength work at 15 reps

After catching my breath, I changed straight into my bikini. To the beach!!! Spent a couple of hours body surfing, jumping waves, and just relaxing, taking in the sun. Zim took his Go Pro camera in the ocean for a little while. That camera is a lot of fun.

Ate a shrimp and scallop dinner. Delicious! Mike's Seafood is bangin'. Then I capped off the night with some good vodka, a nice night beach walk, and good conversation.

Sunday: Rest the hell up. Got in some beach time before the rain. Left the house around 2:30 and caught the Revolution v Union match at 7pm at PPL Park. LONG ass day. Union took another 3 points. Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment