Monday, July 2, 2012

A Run on the Beach

I took Friday off from working out. Definately needed a rest anyways. Later that night we drove to Ocean City, New Jersey. We got to the house after 10, and more or less crashed out a couple hours later. Zim and I got up around 7:30, threw on our running gear and headed to the beach. I've actually never ran on the beach. Absolutely LOVE it now. You have to run close the the water though, unless you like running on a slight slope. It was beautiful out. Sunny, not too humid, temperature around 80 degrees. I wore my old Nikes. I don't mind getting some sand in them and I like those sneakers on the trails. We ran around about a half hour for over 3 and a 1/4 miles.



After our run we did three rounds of 30 body squats, 15 burpees, 25 lunges, 30 push-ups, 25 jumping jacks, 30 crunches, and lastly 1 minute of plank. Finished with 100 crunches. Done! We went straight to the beach after. The water was sooo nice! Did a little body surfing, played with my nieces, and dried off by reading Stephen King's The Gunslinger. Came back to the house, showered, ate some great seafood, and went to the boardwalk. Came back, fixed a few vodkas while watching the Philly Union match. Great day!

The Playlist: The Pretenders

No comments:

Post a Comment