Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Leg Workout

It's hot out today. REALLY frickin' hot out. The good ole Philadelphia region has been under an excessive heat warning for a couple days. Guess what? I'm going to the air conditioned gym.

I did the elliptical for about 35 minutes. Even peddeled backward for 5 minutes. I rarely ever do that. Then started on my legs. Did 3 sets of leg extensions and curls. The first set was 12 reps at 75lbs, then 10 at 95lb, and 8 at 105lb. Next the leg press. First set was 12 reps at 135lbs, 11 at 155, and 10 at 175. Next thigh abductor. First set of 12 reps at 110lb, 11 at 120, and 10 at 130. Move to thigh adductor. First set 12 reps at 135lb, 11 at 155, and 11 at 175. Lastly, lying hip extensions. Four sets on both legs of 10 reps at 117lb. Machine work DONE. Finished off with 2 rounds of 10 body squats and 10 lunges.

Did maybe 3-5 minutes of an ab workout for a cool down, then stretched out.

I stayed away from the calf machine today coz I didn't wanna bare too much weight on my right foot. I think I have a slight case of peroneal tendonitis. All the symptoms seem to match up to what I've been feeling. Slight pain underneath my ankle bone and pain on the outside of my foot. Still taking it easy on the foot, put KT tape back on, and I've been icing it for 15 minutes the past few nights. I'm going to attempt to run Saturday on it. Fingered crossed.

Still debating to go to the Union v Aston Villa match. It's still hot as hell out, over 100 last I checked and now the big thunderstorms are moving through. I guess I'll decide in the next hour or so. I can already hear the thunder outside. Would nice to see another EPL club though. We shall see.

Playlist: Natural Child: For the Love of the Game, Sleeper Agent: Celabrasion

No comments:

Post a Comment