Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ass KICKING Saturday

Maybe the longest I've ever run. I went out with the crew aka K.A.S.A, for the last of their big workouts. The plan was 4 miles. The first mile was to be a warm up around 9-10 minutes, rest for half of the time you took to run it (4:30/5), continue to cut your time down by each mile. We ended up doing 6 miles. Wow. Glad I only stayed for that first movie last night. Anyways...

Our first mile was about 9:45, rest for 4:45. I took the lead for pace. I have an uncanny sense of pace. Second mile, 9:30. Rest for 4:15. Third mile 9 minutes, rest 4:30. Fourth mile 8:45, rest 4:20. Fifth mile 8:30, rest 4:15. Sixth mile, run your fastest.

How it actually worked was, 1st mile 9:45, 2nd 9:30, 3rd 9:00, 4th 8:52, 5th 8:33, 6th (for me) 9:05. I knew my legs were gone after that 5th mile. Remember, during rest time we're still lighting jogging. Altogether, we ran about 7 and 1/2 miles plus. Frickin' crazy. Almost 2 hours of straight running/jogging. I was spent, but strangely, not that spent.

Frickin' my husband, Zim, ran that last mile in 6:55. Frickin' nuts. That man has some legs on him. My tank was empty by the 6th mile. Hung in for a 1/2 mile then felt like someone punched me in the chest. Never had that happen. I had to stop and walk for about 30 seconds.  My legs were getting like jelly and I think I was getting dehydrated. It was like 85 degrees out when we started. Hate making excuses, but I think my body was like, "Hey, chill out for a few seconds". Still hate it.

The boys (Team KASA) will be at the Spartan race next Saturday. I think they'll be more than fine. Especially Zim. Not coz he's my husband, but damn, that man has put in soo much time. All the boys have.

Playlist: Animals: Greatest Hits, Alkaline Trio

No comments:

Post a Comment