Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

I took Tuesday off from working out. I decided to give my legs a break. Plus I had an hour and 1/2 car ride home from the shore. It was Zim's birthday, so we went out to breakfast to one of the local breakfast/lunch joints. We went out of the beach one last time, and spent an hour or so on the beach. A skate or a ray swam RIGHT in front of me in the ocean. Only about 8 feet away or so. Pretty cool, but also kinda creepy. Showered up, had some lunch, and it was back to good old Pennsylvania. And the heat waves continues.

Decided to run on Wednesday, the 4th, but got a bit of a later start than I wanted to. I got to the trail about 10:45am. It was getting pretty hot, but not that bad. Glad I went when I did though. It got brutal a few hours later. I ran 4.7 miles in 40 minutes. Boy that water afterwards was fantastic. I came home and finished with ab work. Kicked my ass. That sun and heat really takes it outta ya.

Showered up. Grilled up some turkey dogs on wheat buns and had some corn too. Good stuff. Went out to see the fireworks downtown. Fireworks ended up starting late and were pretty lame. Oh well. Happy Birthday America!

Playlist: Alkaline Trio

No comments:

Post a Comment