Thursday, June 14, 2012

Workin' for the Weekend

Today I had off from work, so I did some gardening in the morning. Planted some basil, cherry tomatoes, hot and bell peppers, and some catnip for my cat. Been meaning to get that stuff planted weeks ago, but at least it's done now. Looking forward to fresh tomatoes and peppers in my salads. And making homemade pesto too. Yum.

Anyways, I waited for Zim to come home from his job to start my workout. It was upper body strength training. My legs were a bit spent from that long run, lunges, and squats from yesterday. We more or less did the P90X back and biceps routine. It includes five different pull-ups (wide front, switch grip, chin ups, corn cob, and max reps). I did between 10-16 on each one with assistance from a chair. It also has a boatload of curls (twenty-ones, one arm body curls, standing bicep, one arm concentration, open-arm, static arm, corkscrew, crouching cohen, curl up/hammer down, hammers, and in and out hammers). I did between 10-12 on each exercise using mostly 15 pounds. I used 18lbs on the curl up/hammer down. Love that one. It also has some rows mixed in (lawnmowers, elbows out lawnmowers, locomotives, seated bent over back flys). I guess they're rows. Each lawnmower I did 20 with 18 lbs. The locomotives I did 40 at 15 lbs. The back flys I did 15 at 12 lbs. Then I finished off the training with 4 rounds of strip set curls at 8 reps. I started at 18 lbs, next 15, 12 and then 12 again. Done. Tough one today.

I finished off the workout with a 20 minute, 2 and 1/4 mile run outside. Beautiful day out. I could still feel the soreness in my legs, so I didn't want to run that long. Glad I got it in.

I came home to watch Spain v Ireland for the Euros. Spain thrashed Ireland 4-0, and looked to be in real good form. Torres looked great knocking in 2 goals. Hope he can keep that up for Chelsea FC come the start of the EPL. Tomorrow the Ukraine is playing as well. Gonna have to bring Zim's computer into work so we can watch!

Playlist: Ipod shuffle. Then some At the Drive-In.

No comments:

Post a Comment