Saturday, June 9, 2012

Taking it semi easy

Since I have the 5K tomorrow I didn't want to do anything too strenuous. I settled on my boxing routine. Obviously mostly cardio with mostly upper body activity. Don't discount working your legs in this routine. I'm constantly circling the bag, dipping and moving my head and body, and following through with punches. I started with a 5 minute warm-up of jump roping. From there I set my Everlast timer to 8 rounds at 3 minutes a piece with a 1 minute rest, the standard. The first round was shadow boxing. Moving foward jabbing for 4 steps and moving backwards jabbing. Then throw in jab, punch right hand, hooks, uppercut, ducking, and covering up. Ding, ding. I put my gloves on over my wraps (always wear hand wraps, your hands will thank you) and banged on the heavy bag for 5 rounds. Boxing part over. On the calisthenics.

For a round I did jumping jacks, running in place, mountain climbers, butt kicks, squat jumps, and double heisman moves all for 15 seconds a piece. I next went into football thinking drills for 30 seconds (legs out feet moving, turn left, forward, turn right, forward, move left, move right, move back, set, sprint). To finish the round with 20 burpees. Ding, ding.

Next round was 20 push-ups, 20 box jumps, 100 bicycle crunches, 20 burpees. Try to repeat. Got to 15 push-ups. The bell rang, and my 8 rounds were done.

I finished with 10 minutes of ab work, with a minute of plank thrown in there as well. Saturday morning workout complete!

Now to watch the Euros. Denmark v Netherlands and Germany v Portugal today. Good stuff.

Playlist: Digitalism: I Love You Dude

No comments:

Post a Comment