Friday, June 8, 2012

Early Morning Run

I hit the pavement pretty early this morning. I was stretching out in my driveway by 6:10am enjoying the sunshine and 58 degree weather. I did a nice paced 3.27 mile run around the neighborhood in 27:58 minutes. The streets were DEAD. I maybe came across two moving cars and I did see another runner early into my run. Nice. Walked and stretched out for 2 minutes then headed inside.

I decided on some calisthenics to finish up my work out. I started with 100 jumping jacks, next 25 push-ups, 25 burpees, 150 bicycle crunches, followed by 25 box jumps. Then repeat. I ended it would 50 in & out crunches. This little routinue roughly took about 10 minutes. Then it was stretch time, and I headed for the shower.

Altogether it took 40 minutes and I finished right before 7am. Today was my last run of the week since Sunday I have the Victory: Hoods in the Woods 5K. I need to give these legs a rest day. Now I get to head to work in a few. But in about 11 hours I'll be sitting in a comfy theater seat to see PROMETHEUS in 3-D on the IMAX screen. Can't wait!!!!

Playlist: Spinerettes: s/t, Sleigh Bells: Reign of Terror

No comments:

Post a Comment