Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Long run on the pavement

Another dry nice 75 degree Wednesday in early June. I laced up my new Brooks Ravenna 3s for a 4 plus miles quick paced run on the Schuylkill Trail (paved) with Mark Z in tow. My goal was try for less than 34 minutes. I usually have a goal of 35 minutes but wanted to push myself. Mark Z and I were both coming off an extra long stressful day at work, so I wasn't sure how my legs would be and where'd my mind be. I hit the halfway point a little after 17 minutes, so I knew I'd be cutting it close with today's goal. Mark Z was in a little pain, running with a side stitch, but never the less took lead with about a mile and a quarter left. More motivation for me. The fresh cut grass didn't help my breathing whatsover, so I was gasping for air on my last mile. According to the RunKeeper Ap on my Iphone I ran it in 7:40, which is pretty fast for me. I'm guessing closer to 7:55 or so. Anyways, I accomplished my goal completing my run at 33:18. Not too shabby. A quick stretch, some water, and drive back home. Work out isn't over yet.

Next on the agenda, push-ups. One hundred. I did 150. I did "girl push-ups" which aren't as intense at a straight millitary or wide push up. I'm on my knees, so it takes a lot of impact out. I actually did a whole 5 wide push ups with no knees just to see. It sucked.

Next 100 crunches. Did them fine but started to have slight discomfort in my upper back (where I have had pain before). Wasn't too happy about that but pushed through them. I followed that with 150 bicycle crunches.

Still not done. Did a 10 minute cool down with about a 1/2 mile slow jog in the neighborhood. Altogether completed the work out in an hour and 5 minutes.

Showered, flounder dinner with beer (Victory Summer Love). Maybe a few Tully's during the Zatoichi movie coz I have off tomorrow:)

Playlist: The Hives: Lex Hives

No comments:

Post a Comment