Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hump day

A beautiful day out for a run. Only about 80 degrees, no humidity, and the sun is out. I went for a run on the Schuylkill Trail after 1pm while Zim did a separate workout on the same path. I ran my longer run on the trail which is a bit over 4 miles and beat my time from last week coming in at 33:03. Not bad. I felt good out there. Zim did a 2 mile hike carrying a sandbag load of 20 pounds. He didn't seem to have any trouble with that weight at all. After I got done my run I jogged for another few minutes then did 30 burpees and 30 block jumps in the parking lot. Then we drove back home to finish up our workout.

Next was 35 bodyweight squats, followed by 55 push-ups. The push-ups were tough considering I did upper body strength training yesterday. Next 300 jump rope jumps. On to 4 minutes of plank. I did 2:05 mins, 10 sec rest, 1:15, 20 sec rest, 1:10, 5 sec rest, and made up my last 30 seconds. Tough. I could definately feel those push-ups I did earlier. I stood up to start on 55 lunges. Lastly I finished with 30 burpees. Done. Altogether the routine took between 25-30 minutes. Pretty challenging. Kicked my butt. I could use a nap right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment