Monday, June 18, 2012

Do It Up!!

Took it a bit easy yesterday. Was looking for more of the same for today. At least for my legs. My work schedule got switched to earlier, so my trek to the gym was more or less out. I wanted to watch the Spain v Croatia match at 2:45pm, and I was done work by 1pm. No gym for me this afternoon. Was planning on getting a workout in before my shift, but my cat woke me up at 3am, then at 4am, and I didn't fall back asleep till after 5:30. No AM workout for me.

So at 2pm, I went for a 22 minute 2 and 1/2 + mile run. My legs were good, but a bit spent. Afterwards the real work began. Three rounds of lunges, burpees, step jumps, push ups, bicycle crunches, and pull ups. First round, 50 lunges, 30 burpees, 35 step jumps, 30 push ups, 300 bicycle crunches, and 24 pull ups. Second, 25 lunges, 20 burpees, 20 step jumps, 20 push ups, 200 bicycle crunches, and 15 pull ups. Round three and final round. 10 lunges, 10 burpees, 10 step jumps, 10 push ups, 100 bicycle crunches, and 10 pull ups. All pull ups had chair assistance.

Bam.

50 minute work out. Sushi dinner and some whisky in between. :) Riding a good buzz right now.

Playlist: Alkaline Trio: From Here to the InFirmary

2 comments:

  1. You're killing me girl. My first 20 minutes on an elliptical yesterday was torture. But I can't quit either once I've set a goal for myself. So tomorrow we'll do it again. And keeping in my head that it will get easier as I keep going! You're my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does get easier. You just have to start off in baby steps. As for ellipticals, I'm real picky on which ones I like at my gym. Some are brutal on your back. I don't do the whole pedal backwards stuff either. If you have a couple of different ones at your gym, try each of them out. Plus we're both tall, and I swear some of them are made for midgets. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete