Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Piss Off Heat Warning

The Philadelphia area is in an excessive heat warning till 6am Friday. I got out of work around 12 noon today, and said "Screw it, I'm going running". I got to my trail around 1pm and it was about 93 degrees or so. It felt nasty, but not super nasty. I've run in a lot worse. Plus this trail has a decent amount of shade, so I didn't think it'd be that bad. I made sure I was hydrated and brought lots of water. I ended up running 4.16 miles just under 35 minutes. It helped that I met up with Zim halfway through on my run. At least if I keeled over, someone was there to drag me off to the side. Haha. Nah, it does help to have someone running with you on a hot day like today. It was motivating and pushed me through the heat. Altogether it wasn't too bad. It wasn't as humid as I expected. I didn't push it, I kept a nice pace, and listened to my body.

I finished my workout with Zim at home with calistenics. The air conditioning was pretty nice. I started with 50 girl push-ups, next 40 box jumps, 15 burpee pull-up (chair asst), 100 jump lunges, 100 crunches, and ended with 3 minutes straight in plank. Did another 30 seconds, just to do it. Done.

Birthday shopping for my neice later this afternoon. She's gonna be 11. Crazy. She said she wanted a Cabbage Patch Kid. I guess everything comes back in style. I'll probably grab some dinner and maybe a couple of beers after shopping with Zim. Not looking forward to the heat tomorrow. It will definately be an inside workout tomorrow.

Playlist: Britney Spears: Greatest Hits

No comments:

Post a Comment