Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Take It Easy Tuesday

After dinner last night my left shoulder started to feel incredibly tight. My muscles must have been in a knot. I figured it happened because of my anxieties running on the trail. I sure as hell didn't feel like falling so I'm sure I tensed up every time I saw mud. My shoulders were instantly pushed up. I used to do that as a nerve ridden kid in grade school. Anyways, I broke out the foam roller, which I never really used before, and tried to roll my knot out. It did feel better, but I only tried it for maybe 10 minutes. So today, I trained my dad focusing on legs and abs, and popped in P90X2 Recovery and Mobility disc. My shoulder felt better, but still tight during the workout with my dad.

Recovery and mobility was great. It starts off with stretches and yoga moves, and then goes into 20 minutes of using the foam roller everywhere. It felt good, it was painful, and after all said and done, why the hell wasn't I using a roller before?? Even with the pain it can inflict, I feel MUCH better. My shoulder is still a bit tight, but feels a helluva lot better. THANK YOU foam roller. I will definitely use one a couple times a month.

On an awesome note, all the coaches at the boxing gym got personalized jackets. And my name was spelled right! They are real nice jackets and very much appreciated!

Playlist: Arcade Fire: The Suburbs

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I actually had to google "foam roller" because I wasn't sure what you're talking about. Found some handy video and now I might have to get one!
    Nice duds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My shoulder is still feeling better now! They're great, but some are a bit pricey.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete