Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Getting Better

Tuesday is almost over and I'm feeling much better than I thought I would by now. I'm still in some pain in certain movements or if I cough. I'd say I'm about 50% back. I took it easy Sunday and Monday. I've been taking Aleve, icing, compressing, using the foam roller, and just resting it up. I was going to take today off but got bored of sitting on my couch on my day off, so I went to the gym. Everything went well! I didn't push myself. I did 20 minutes on the elliptical, which was slightly uncomfortable at times. I found putting my left elbow out with my hand on my hip felt better. The best position was placing my left arm behind my back almost looking like a speed skater. I got a couple looks. After, I did 20 minutes on the stationary bike in which I felt no pain. So I got 40 minutes of cardio in, not bad at all. Rather be inside today anyways. It was a nice balmy 20 degrees around here.

Hockey's back! I was pissed about the whole lockout, but I've come around and decided to watch a bit. The NHL has such a loyal fan base but it continues to do the wrong things. And the fans still come out to watch. Ticket prices are ridiculous to afford these insanely long contracts, and still teams like the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Phoenix Coyotes exist. I could rant more, but it's not worth it. Eh, guess who's the Flyers v Devils game tonight?

Playlist: The Rooftrees: Introduction the Rooftrees
Brandon Kelley and the Wandering Bird: I'd Rather Die Than Live Forever

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're able to find some doable activities! Stationery bikes can be good for that, and help with the healing. I messed up a rib or two last summer (laundry accident!), we really take breathing for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Feeling better. Those rib injuries SUCK!

    ReplyDelete