Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Rest is Over

After Saturday's 9K, Zim and I chilled out and got dinner at Phoenixville's Sly Fox Brewery. I ordered a picture of Royal Weisse with our dinners, and enjoyed it immensely. I also enjoyed a couple vodka drinks at home as well. When I woke up Sunday morning, I surprisingly wasn't as sore as I thought I'd be. I still took a rest day.

Monday was back in workout mode. I took it light, just doing 30 minutes on the elliptical and not going crazy. I did do some upper body strength training, about 25 minutes. The normal routine, pull-ups, dips, seated chest press, lat pull-down, seated rows, and free weight work. I ended with 5-7 minutes of abs. Altogether, I took it light on the cardio, but had a decent strength training session.

Tuesday morning I woke up and was so STOKED to go for a run outside. The weather was beautiful. Sunny and mid-70s. Soooo nice out. I put on my running shoes and ran for a bit over 40 minutes for a little over 4.75 miles. My legs felt pretty good too. I ran at an 8:30 pace. I got home and decided to work on lower body. Here's the workout:

35 body squats
35 lunges
35 box jumps
25 push-ups
35 twist crunches
35 weighted calf raises (40lb)
35 burpees

Repeat 2 more times decreasing the reps by 5. (with exception of push-ups, they stayed at 25)

DONE!

I drank some light chocolate Power Core and took a shower.

Tomorrow might be a short workout. I have work in the early AM, the Chelsea match is on at 2:45pm, and one of my buddies and I are going to the Reds v Phils game. Gonna be a busy day. I haven't been to a baseball game since late May/early June. Should be a fun time. I'm hoping we get down there early enough, so we can go to the Xfinity Live Center. Also should be interesting to see how many fans are still showing up to the games.

Playlist: The Clash: London's Calling; The Clash: s/t

No comments:

Post a Comment