Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Short But Sweet

Here's Tuesday and Wednesday in a nutshell:

Tuesday: I was quite sore from all the strength training in the last couple of days. I decided on cardio and tried to be light on my feet. Boxing it is! Here goes:

5 minutes jump rope warm-up
1 round shadow boxing
4 rounds heavy bag punching
1 round calisthenics
5-10 minutes of ab work

Workout time: 40 minutes

I showered up, and went to the boxing gym to help out the kids.

Wednesday: I decided to work out before my 8am shift. I wanted to go out to dinner with Zim after our tough ass day at work. We had 4 plus orders to put away. I knew I'd probably want a beer and a delicious salad at Rock Bottom in KOP after all the chaos of the day. I woke up at 5:50am and had my running clothes on ready to go by 6:15am.

26 minutes running 3.15 miles
25 Bulgarian bag presses
25 regular push-ups
25 twist crunches
25 body squats
25 burpees

DONE

Showered and was off to work. REALLY happy I worked out early. Enjoyed dinner with Zim, those beers, and having a vodka now. This is my last night before the race to blow off some steam and have a few drinks. Three more days to go till HERO RUSH. Going to work out tomorrow evening and then take Friday off to let my body rest for Saturday's insanity. Gonna be a blast!!!

Playlist: Division of Laura Lee: Black City (Tuesday)
Franz Ferdinand: Tonight (Wednesday)

1 comment: