Tuesday, August 14, 2012

New Kicks By Brooks

My new pair of running/trail shoes arrived in the mail today. I ordered the new Brooks Adrenaline ASR 9s. For my next race on Saturday, I'm going to be running on half pavement/half trail for 9 miles. My Adidas Thrashers have been pretty damn good on the trail, but I'd like some extra cushioning for that longer pavement run. I do highly recommend Adidas Thrashers for an inexpensive trail shoe. Only $65 on Zappos.

I'm happy that I turned Zim and my friends on to Brooks sneakers. They are great running shoes. Zim actually was the one who told me about the Brooks ASRs. His trail sneakers are more or less minimus, so he REALLY needed a little more padding on this next race. We have yet to try them out, but tomorrow we're going to hit the pavement and dirt, to see how they feel.



Speaking of the next race....TEAM K.A.S.A. (with the exception of Dell) is running the MOUNT CUCKOO 15K on Saturday. The race is in Adamstown, PA right near Stoudts Brewery. Mmm beer. Here's the description of the course via the Uberendurancesports website:

"Race starts at Stoudtsburg village. Mile 1 is road with the second half already climbing up to Mount Cuckoo. Mile 2 continues to climb to the top of Mount cuckoo starting out as a wide gravel road turning into single track and getting increasingly more technical (translation more rocks and roots). Mile 3 continues on top of Mount Cuckoo featuring very runnable single track trail. You hit the 1st aidstation before you decent Mount cuckoo on the other site with more difficult single track. Mile 4 & 5 flat and down hill road section. Time for the road runners to catch up or build a cushion. Mile 5.5 features the steppest and longest driveway in Berks county leading up to the Alpine lodge where the Rehydration challange will take place. Now concentrate, since some of you might now loose their sense of direction. 3 Miles of trail are ahead of you heading up and down Mount cuckoo. Final mile is Road and downhill, sprint to the finish line and pass as many members of the opposing team as possible. Do it 1 more time for a total of a 30K if you feel really cuckoo that day."

Well I'm definately not running the 30K. This is gonna be a challenge. I've never run more than 5 miles in a competitive race. Or have done a beer challenge in a race either. And there's a mountain involved. I know I have the endurance for 9 miles, but it's gonna be pretty damn tough. And I hope a hell of a lot of fun!!!

Anyways....workout today. 32 minutes elliptical. 17 minutes on the treadmill on a decent incline. Lower body strength training. Felt good today. My left quad doesn't feel tight anymore. Stoked for the run with Zim tomorrow.

Playlist: David Bowie:Best of, MGMT: Congratulations

No comments:

Post a Comment