Monday, August 6, 2012

5 Days Till Hero Rush!!!

I started my Monday, sore and tired. My work schedule is screwy this week because of summer vacations, so I'm working more or less all week. I could use the money. Anyways...I got into work at 9am and was glad I didn't get an early morning workout in. My whole body was sore. It was the good sore though, no pain really. I decided to workout after my shift and after a Wegman's sushi take-out dinner. I broke my workout clothes on and went to the paved trail around 7pm.

The trail was a bit busy with bikes, and the weather was a lot less humid than this afternoon. I ended up run 4.35 miles in 37 minutes. Not bad. My foot was sore, but it felt decent. I came home and did upper body strength training with free weights. I did 4 rounds of shoulders, biceps, and triceps. First round was shoulder presses (15lb,10), static arm curl (15lb,16), and tricep kickbacks (9lb,10). Repeat. Second was fisherman's presses (15, 10) curls/hammers (15,15), and tricep switch grips kickbacks (9,10). Repeat. Third was upright row (15,10), cohen curls (15,10), 20 dips. Repeat. Fourth round, straight arm presses, (6lb,10), in & out curls (15,10), and lying down tricep press (12,10). Repeat. I ended it was 20 overhead presses and 10 upright rows with the 26lb bulgarian bag.

DONE.

I'm gonna feel it tomorrow. I'm trying to get all the hard workouts out of the way for the week to feel good for the HERO RUSH obstactle race on Saturday morning. No early morning workout for me tomorrow. I didn't get done till 8:20pm.

Playlist: Division of Laura Lee: Das Not Compute, Funeral Dress: Totally Dressed

No comments:

Post a Comment