Wednesday, August 22, 2012

From Xfinity Center and Beyond

After a bitch of a day at work, I was more than happy to go for a run later in the afternoon. Zim and I ran over 3 miles just enjoying the sunshine and nice temperature. After the first mile we both did 50 body squats. At mile 2, I did 20 lunges. About 3/4 of the last mile left I borrowed Zim's 5 lb vest he was running with and gave it a whirl. It felt like running with a flack jacket. We both stretched out and headed home.

Next up boxing. It's been a little while since a boxing workout. I did one round shadow boxing and the next 4 rounds pounding the heavy bag. I was actually quite spent. I finished with 10 minutes of abs.

DONE.

I ended my session just in time to watch Chelsea v Reading. Reading looked pretty good against the brutal boys of Stoke earlier in the week. The Blues looked steady and stellar, but let in 2 goals by the end of the half. One a brillant header and the other a nice free kick, flubbed by Cech. Oh well, these things happen. Chelsea won a PK earlier with Hazard getting taken down in the box. Super Frank Lampard drilled in the PK goal. The Blues equalized in the second half, with a goal by Cahill. After the Cahill goal, I was in the car listening on the radio. I was headed to the Reds v Phils game with my buddy Lou. I heard the offsides Torres goal and the nail in the coffin, goal 4, by Ivanovic. I guess those Champions League chants bit the Royals in the ass in the end. Lou got to see me act like a madwoman listening to the match in my Jeep.



I took Lou to the Xfinity Live Center for dinner at the Victory Beer Hall. Good beer, decent food. I had a turkey burger, Lou a big weiner (haha). Then we headed to Citizen's Bank Park for the Phillies game. A pitcher's game. Phils barely put up a few hits, but it was a beautiful night out. Had a bunch of fun. And yes, the stadium is most definately not sold out. Nicely filled throughout. Not a sellout by far.

Playlist: The Clash: Super Black Market Clash; Circle Jerks: Golden Showers of Hits

No comments:

Post a Comment