Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tear It Up Tuesday

I woke up to on and off drizzle a little before 7am. I went into work at 8, and it the rain seemed to hold off. It was pretty humid out and the skies looked threatening all morning and continued into the afternoon. After work I came home, ate a Greek yogurt, and gave some time for my stomach digest by watching the news and the weather channel. They still called for pop up showers. I grabbed my Brooks sneakers and jumped into my Jeep to sneak in a run. As soon as I left my driveway it started to drizzle again. I said, "Screw it" and headed over to the park to get my run on. By the time I parked it was drizzling a little harder. I decided to save my Ipod from the rain and ran with no music. My first mile the skies opened up to a nice, actually refreshing shower. By mile 2 the rain had more or less subsided. I was just going to run 3 miles, but I pushed it to 4, coz I felt pretty good. By mile 3 the sun came out along with the humidity. It wasn't terrible, but it sure wasn't comfortable. I'm guessing I ran the 4 miles in about 35 minutes give or take. I didn't have the Ipod, so no timer.

After the run I headed down my basement for some boxing. I walked out my punches for a round, then beat up the heavybag for 4 rounds. I ended with abs:

25 twist crunches
25 crunches
250 bicycle crunches

Repeat 2 more times.

Done!

Good cardio workout!

Playlist: Blitz: The Best Of

Last week's post titles were all takes on The Smiths songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment