Monday, December 30, 2013

End of the Year Round-Up

How did the holidays treat ya?? Mine were good. Full of family, friends, and FOOD!! They went by incredibly too quick. Did get to spend some time with both of my grandmothers, which doesn't happen too often. My mom's mom is 89, my father's is 84. Both are not in the best of health and their memories aren't anywhere close to what they used to be. I'm happy I got to see them both and give them hugs.

I only worked Monday, Friday, and Saturday so I got a few decent workouts in. Here goes:

Thursday: Zim took my Jeep into work so I was left at home with no car. He had his car in for inspection. Garage workout time! I wanted to do a light upper body workout.

5 minute warm-up

Shoulder press
In & out hammers
Curls
Overhead medicine ball tricep presses
Dips (10)
Standing band rows
Curls/Hammers
Push-Ups (7)

REPEAT

2 and 1/2 mile run.

DONE!

Weights were 15lbs, medicine ball is 10lbs. 1st set is 10 reps, 2nd is 8 reps.

Saturday: BEAUTIFUL weather out but a little wet out. Sunny, mid 50s. The trail was calling my name. I ran a nice 3 mile. Felt great after all to 20-30 degree weather we've been having lately.

Sunday: A total wash out. It poured all day. I went to the gym to ride the elliptical and to watch the 2nd half of the Chelsea v Liverpool match. I did 35 minutes and watched Chelsea win 2-1. Sweet! Even sweeter with the Eagles beating the Cowboys last night! 

Monday: Last upper body workout of the year.

5 minute warm-up

Lawnmowers (18lb)
In & out biceps
Tricep kickback 
Push-ups

Shoulder press
Hammers
Dips (20)
Push-ups

Sit down pull down bands
Curls
Standing pull down bands triceps
Push-ups

Shoulder shrugs
Curls/hammers
Medicine ball overhead triceps (10lb)
Push-ups

REPEAT

1 mile run

DONE!!

Weight is at 15lbs. 1st set 10 reps, 2nd at 8 reps.

Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment