Saturday, November 3, 2012

Trail Bound

Wednesday I decided to go to my gym and give the good old elliptical a go. I did about 35 minutes while listening to TalkSport on my IPhone. All the cable was out there, which really didn't bother me. After I did a nice 25 minute leg workout with the extension, calf, and abductor machines. I finished with abs and came home to listen to the Chelsea v Man United Capital one cup match. What a frickin' match! And Chelsea prevailed in the end, thanks to Eden Hazard's penalty kick to send it into extra time. Great match, great win for the Blues 5-4.

Thursday was just a pure running day. I had a full morning of work, meetings, and errands. I also trained my father in between all the chaos. We did legs and abs. He did great as always. After I got home, I threw on my Brooks and headed to the trail. I had a nice run at around an 8 minute pace. Felt good!

Friday, I was going to take the day off, but decided last minute to get a 35 minute boxing workout in. Started with 5 minutes of jump rope, 1 round shadow boxing, 5 on the heavy bag, and ended with a 3 minute cardio drill. I showered up and headed to the Colonial Theater in Phoenixville for the First Friday horror flick, The Return of the Living Dead. Great fun flick that I haven't seen in years. Good times!!

Today I headed out for a run through Valley Forge Park around 9am. It was chilly out with the temperature hovering around 40 degrees. Had a nice 5+ mile run in about 43 minutes. I was running again at an 8 minute mile. Showered up, ran into work, and came home to watch the 1-1 draw of Swansea v CFC. Tough to get 3 points in Wales, but it was Chelsea's points to lose. Oh well. Later tonight I'll be in Philly to see Social Distortion play. Should be a blast!

Playlist: Air: Le Voyage Dans Le Lune
Social Distortion: Prison Bound








No comments:

Post a Comment