Saturday, November 10, 2012

Jeffersonville 5K

I woke up at 7am and decided to do the 5K. It was the 2012 Mission 1 at the Reformed Church of the Ascension. All proceeds went towards the local food bank and the victims of Hurricane Sandy. Great causes to run for!

Zim joined me on the run. We registered around 8:30am and the race promptly started at 9am. Zim and I talked to a couple different runners and took our places at the start line. There were altogether 20 runners in the race. It was cloudy out with some sprinkles of rain around. Bang!

Zim jumped out front first and never looked back. I stayed in the number 2 position until about a minute left in the race. It was a nice course that had some nice slowly elevated stretches. A bit more hilly than I expected. I got overtaken with about a tenth of a mile left and came in behind Cheryl by 3 seconds at 23:21 in 3rd place overall. Not too bad. I think I might have beat my personal record too.

Altogether Zim came in 1st at 22:02, Cheryl at 23:18, and me 23:21. I got 1st in my age group as well. I had a bunch of fun and glad my money went towards good things!


2 comments: