Monday, November 26, 2012

Burn Off the Bird 5K

Saturday morning at 9am was Phoenixville's annual 5K, Burn Off the Bird. Zim, his mom and I headed to the race after 8am. We met more of Zim's family there and our good friend Brian. It was windy out with temperatures hovering around 40 degrees. Pretty chilly. About 200 runners showed up all bundled up. I've run this race before, and it's full of hills. It's a challenging course.

We all lined up and the bell went off I saw Zim and Brian take off like jack rabbits per usual. I got about 40 seconds into my run when my phone popped out of my pocket and hit the ground. Luckily I have a good case! I scooped up my phone and almost got run over by 10 runners. I got back into the run and felt good. Zim finished 1st in our little group at 22:38 and running on a bad leg. Not bad at all! He came in 4th in his age group as well. I came in next at 24:53. I medaled, coming in 1st in my age group. Woot! Brian came in at 26 minutes and Zim's mom at 41:20. Cathy took off at least 3 minutes from her last 5K. REALLY awesome!

We all had a blast and will do it again next year!

Getting back to the workouts, I took Sunday off and got back into the swing of things today. I ran 4 miles, worked in upper body with P90X chest & back, and finished with some abs. Tough. Shouldn't have had those last two drinks! Oh well!

Playlist: Brown Bird









1 comment:

  1. Nice race! To me, it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without some sort of turkey trot, ours was bunches of fun.
    I've started doing crossfit WOD's. So sore...

    ReplyDelete