Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Eve

One of my favorite days of the year!! I worked in the morning and came home to run 3.15 miles in a little over 25 minutes. I wanted to get a run in this nice weather before the cold air rolls in on Saturday. At 6pm Zim and I (plus a few of our friends) are going to my friend Paul's Dojo to try the "Training For Warriors" program. Tonight is a free introduction running from 6-7:30. Seems pretty interesting. Even nicer to see and support Paul Jackson! Hope I work up a good sweat and receive a butt kicking! Then I'll ruin it all with some beers and vodka later tonight!



Yesterday Chelsea looked quite piss poor and tried a defensive strategy that they've really never done before. Well, it didn't work and Chelsea went down 3-0 to Juventus. They need to win their next Champions league match and need Shakhtar Donetsk to win their match against Juventus. So they still have a chance to move out of their table, they just need the stars to align a little bit. In the wake of this month's skid downwards, Chelsea dismissed head manager Roberto Di Matteo and replaced him with Rafa Benitez. I find this very unfair to RDM, the man came in as an interim coach more than halfway thru the season last year and helped to find a broken team some new light. As an interim manager he won the FA Cup and the MUCH MUCH coveted Champions League of Europe trophy last year. Quite impressive. Chelsea in the month of November has hit a bad streak of a few matches and MAY be out of the Champion's league. They are sitting in 3rd place in the premiership and still can go through the group stage if all goes right in the next Champion's matches. I just think it's too soon. He should have been given until January or if they were eliminated from the Champions League. I'm totally disgusted with this revolving door of coaches. Just my rant of the day. Sunday's match against Man City will be interesting. Hopefully Rafa can improve Torres's level of play and confidence like he did in Liverpool. Oh the drama!

No comments:

Post a Comment