Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thirsty Thursday

I wish! Water for me please. The weather is beautiful around here for the past few days. Sunny and in the 60s. Love it! Here's a quick round up of this week's workouts.

Sunday: A nice 1/2 hour walk around Phoenixville with my buddy Lou with a decaf coffee and a scone afterwards.

Monday: The usual upper body work.

5 minute warm-up

Upright row
In & out curls
Medicine ball tricep press
Knees push-ups

Shoulder fly
Curl/hammers
Dips (20,10)
Push-ups

Shoulder press
In & out hammers
Tricep kickback
Push-ups

Lawnmowers 
Static arm curl
Standing band tricep row
Push-ups

REPEAT

Finish with a mile run

Cool down

Reps: 10, 8. Weights: 15lbs Push-ups on knees: 2, 2.

Tuesday: The usual leg routine.

5 minute warm-up

Lunges
Power knee 
Calf squats
Side kicks
Calf raises (40lb total)
Tip toe lunges
Side lunges
Body squats
Elbow to knee
Step back lunges
Front kicks
Back kicks

Plank

REPEAT

1 round shadow boxing, 1 round heavy bag, 1 minute run in place.

Cool down

Reps: 10, 8 Plank: 30 sec, 20 sec

Playlist: Spazm 151, Sparta

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Upper and lower body at the gym

1/4 mile jog warm-up

Lat pull-down (50,50)
Seated shoulder press (40,40)
Calf raises (120,140,160)
REPEAT

Standing tricep pull-down (30,30)
Seated chest press (40,40)
Leg extension machine (80,90)
REPEAT

Upright row (15,15)
Curl/hammer (15,15)
Body squats
Lunges 
REPEAT

10 minutes on the elliptical

Reps: 10,8 

Playlist: Coke Bust, Dirty Kid Discount

I'm feeling pretty good overall. It's hard to tie my shoes, but body squats don't give me much trouble. Never thought I'd be maintaining this routine at week 29 of my pregnancy. I'm super happy about this. Anything past 30 weeks is honestly a treat for me. Let's hope I can keep it up while feeling good and still full of energy!

2 comments:

  1. Yup, no booze for Baby!

    You're doing really great for how far along you are. You'll probably pop that guy out, no sweat, between sets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx! I hope it's gonna be that easy!

    ReplyDelete