Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

Hope everyone had a great Easter! Mine was good. I went to church in the morning, then I went to my parents' house for dinner. Good food and good times! Unfortunately after dinner I found out a friend of Zim and mine died late Saturday night. We knew him for he past 5 years and sat with him during the Union soccer matches. He was only in his early 40s and has a teenage son. He was a real class guy, excellent father, and great friend. I'm truly shocked about this news. I'm not sure what he exactly died of, but I'm sure the details will come out soon. So awful to hear. I'm truly glad I got to know him. Rest in peace Eric Shertz.

On a brighter note, I'm feeling great and got my regular workouts in. Here they are.

Tuesday: 

5 minute warm-up

Lunges
Side kicks
Calf squats
Elbow to knee
Step back lunges
Power knee
Tip toe lunges
Side lunges
Body squat
Front kicks
Weighted calf raises (40)
Back kicks
Plank

REPEAT

1 round shadow boxing, 1 round heavybag, 1 minute run in place

Reps: 10, 8 Plank: 30 secs, 20 secs.

Thursday: 

1/4 mile warm-up jog and stretch

Lat pull-down (50lbs,50)
Seated chest press (40,40)
Leg extension (80,90)
Standing tricep pull-up (30,30)
Seated row (40,50)
Calf raise (140,160)
Seated shoulder press (40,40)
Push-ups (knees 10,8)
Body squats (10,8)
Lunges (10,8)

10 minutes on the elliptical

Reps: 10,8
Playlist: OFF! 

Saturday: outside run! BEAUTIFUL day out! I jogged a little over 2 and 1/2 miles in 27 minutes, 30 seconds. I felt GREAT, and averaged a little under a 11 minute mile. I believe it was around 10:50. The maternity belt has been a life saver as well. No side stitches since I've started wearing it. I was surprised at my time. I thought I was running closer to a 12 minute mile. I'll take it!

Happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment