Thursday, April 3, 2014

Another Week

I meant to blog last weekend, but just ran outta time. The weekend was a little wet but we had temperatures in the upper 50s. Pretty nice in the late morning, then it downpoured for the rest of the day, into Sunday. I did get a jog in Saturday morning. I felt good until about a mile and 3/4s in. Side stitch on my right side. I stopped and walked for a couple minutes, then tried to jog again, but the side stitch came back, so I walked the rest of the way back to my Jeep. It's never excruciating, but slightly painful and uncomfortable. After a couple of minutes it subsides. Ugh, it was my welcome to hitting 7 months. I did tell my doctor about it, and as I figured, pretty common. With 25 extra pounds on me and a lower lying baby boy, no wonder my side can get a little sore. I was told to slow down and walk when this happens, so I was doing the right thing. I was also told to make sure I'm hydrated enough as well. I got about 2 and a 1/4 miles in altogether. I think my jogging days are pretty numbered and the elliptical will become main source of cardio.

Sunday, it was pouring all day, so it was off to the gym to ride the elliptical. I did about 35 minutes and about 2 and 1/2 miles. I ran I to an old friend and trainer that worked at a gym I used to go to about 5 years ago, so we got to catch up a bit as we peddled away on the ellipticals. And no side stitches! I did feel a little sore during the rest of the day. My back was slightly sore, my sides a little bit as well. I started to feel, well 7 months pregnant and 35 years old.

Monday, I was feeling back to normal again. I got my normal upper body workout in. Here goes:

5 minute warm-up

Shoulder press
In & out bicep curl
Medicine ball tricep press (9lbs)
Push-ups (on knees)

Seated back flys
Curl/hammers
Dips (20,10)
Push-ups

Lawnmowers
In & out hammers
Tricep kickback
Push-ups

Upright rows
Static arm curls
Standing tricep band press

REPEAT

1 mile jog

Cool down

Weights: 15lbs. Reps: 10,8 Push-ups: 2, 2.

Playlist: American Distress

My jog went well. I started off walking for a few minutes, then started my jog. I jogged quite slow and I felt pretty good. No side stitch. I was at a 12:35 mile. I showered up and met up with Zim and our boss Jon, to pick up the baby furniture. 

Tuesday, was a leg day. I worked out a little earlier cause I had a doctor's appointment at 1pm. Here goes:

5 minute warm-up

Lunges
Body squats
Power knee
Calf raises
Tip toe lunges
Elbow to knee
Side kicks
Calf squats
Side lunges
Step back lunges
Front kicks
Back kicks

Plank

REPEAT

Finish with 1 round shadow boxing, 1 round heavy bag, 1 minute running in place.

Reps: 10, 8 Planks: 30 secs, 20 secs

Playlist: Morning Glory

Doc's went great. I asked about my side stitch concerns and my ever so fun acid reflux issues. They did find I'm slightly anemic. I don't eat red meat, so it makes total sense. I was directed to take iron pills, which I started yesterday. I only gained 3 pounds since last appointment, so that was good. I'm at 25 altogether now, which is good, but a little on the heavier side. She did said my belly grew and I could bet on a big baby. And that there may be a chance that I might go a little sooner than they expected. So little Andre the Giant is doing well! 

Off to get dressed and take my kitty to the vet in about an hour. He has his annual vet appointment. Hope the little guy has a clean bill of health! 

No comments:

Post a Comment