Sunday, March 2, 2014

Oscar Night

To start off, I got in two trips to the gym this weekend, both over a half hour on the elliptical. I averaged 3 plus miles both days. Today the gym was pretty busy. People all trying to get their workouts in before the impending snow storm arrives. Yes, more snow. It never ends!!

Now to my Oscar picks:

Best Picture: "Gravity", though I wouldn't be surprised at "12 Years a Slave" won it as well. My personal pick is "American Hustle". I've seen all the movies except for Gravity, Captain Phillips, Philomena, and Wolf of Wall Street. 5 outta 9 isn't too bad though.

Best Actor: Pretty tough. Matthew McConaughey, I presume. He was excellent. My personal pick is Christian Bale this year.

Best Actress: I'm lost here. I only saw one of the movies in this category. I think it's going to be Cate Blanchett though.

Best Supporting Actor: Hands down, Jared Leto.

Best Supporting Actress: Another tough one. Lupita Nyong'o, I think will get it. My fave, June Squibb. I have no idea how Jennifer Lawrence got nominated. She was good in American Hustle, but she was barely in it. 

Best Director: So many good films this year! It will go to Alfonso CuarĂ³n or Steve McQueen. I honestly don't know, but I'm personally leaning my pick towards David O. Russell.

No comments:

Post a Comment