Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Finally A Warm-Up, Well...

...with except of Wednesday. The temp is supposed to drop and get below freezing. And there's a chance of freezing rain or light snow. The rest of the week 40s and 50s. Winter is just grasping on by the nails. I'll take it though!

I have a bunch of stuff to get done this month, so I'm whittling away at the list slowly but surely. Car inspection, taking kitty to the vet, finding a pediatrician, getting my glasses fixed, furniture....the list goes on. I also got some bad news about an old friend of mine that lives in Montana. While cleaning his gun he accidently shot and killed himself. 37 years old. Such a shame. My best girlfriend had a baby with him and he's been more or less estranged from his daughter in the past 17 years. It's a long story, but I feel awful for his daughter. At least she got to know him a little and spoke to him for a while, just never face to face since she was a baby. Wish things could have worked out differently.

So workout time feels even better. It gets my mind off things and has been a great stress reliever. I like having "me" time, then again who doesn't! Here goes:

5 minute warm-up

Upright rows
Concentration curls
Overhead medicine ball press (9lbs)
Push-ups

Seated back fly
Curl/hammers
Dips (20,10)
Push-ups

Shoulder press
In & out hammers
Tricep kickback 
Push-ups

Lawnmowers
Static arm curls
Standing tricep band press
Push-ups

Plank

REPEAT

Finish with a mile run. (Right at 11 minutes) Stretch.

Weights: 15lbs Reps: 10,8  Push-ups: 2,1 Plank: 30 secs, 20 secs.

Tuesday: Legs

5 minute warm-up

Side lunges
Regular lunges
Power knee 
Body squats
Calf raises
Side Kicks
Step back lunges
Elbow to knee
Calf squats
Tip toe lunges
Front kicks
Back kicks

1 minute run in place.

REPEAT

1 round shadow boxing. 1 round on the heavybag.

Stretch.

DONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment