Thursday, March 27, 2014

Baseball Right Around the Corner

Almost that time of year again. The crack of the bat, vendor's yelling "popcorn", and that cool summer breeze blowing through as you sip your beer. Yes, baseball starts on Monday. I'm excited. I'm hoping to maybe make it to one Phillies game in April and one more at the end of September. I just love sitting at the ballpark taking in all the atmosphere. Though my hopes for the Phillies making the playoffs are quite close to nil, I still enjoy going to the games. I figure they'll be close to a wild card spot to keep folks paying attention to them into the beginning of August, but ultimately be about 6 games out. I would REALLY hope to be wrong, but this year's team is old and mediocre. We shall see.

I've had a pretty busy week thus far. I had to take my glucose test, visited my Grandma for her 90th birthday, and today getting my car inspected. Zim's been busy with the nursery, and is getting ready to paint this weekend. About a half hour ago, I just received an email saying the baby furniture is ready to get picked up or shipped. So things are busy, but getting done.

Workouts are still getting squeezed in and I'm still feeling energetic. Here goes:

Monday: 
5 minute warm-up

Lawnmowers
In & out bicep
Medicine ball tricep press (9lb)
Push-ups

Back fly
Hammer/curls
Dips (20,10)
Push-ups

Shoulder press
Concentration curls
Tricep kickback
Push-ups

Upright row
Static arm curls
Standing tricep band press
Push-ups

REPEAT

1 mile jog (it was damn COLD)
Cool down 

Weights: 15lbs Reps: 10,8 Push-ups: 2, 1

Playlist: Morning Glory

Tuesday:
5 minute warm-up

Lunges
Body squats
Power knee 
Calf raises (40lb)
Side kicks
Side lunges
Tip toe lunges
Elbow to knee
Step back lunges
Calf squats
Front kicks
Back kicks

Planks

REPEAT

Finish with 1 round shadow boxing, 1 round heavy bag

Planks: 30 sec, 20 sec Reps: 10,8

Playlist: InDK

No comments:

Post a Comment