Monday, March 17, 2014

Snowy St. Patrick's Day

Mother Nature sent us hopefully one last snow for the winter. We got 1, maybe 2 inches. And I'm totally fine with that. Temperatures in the next few days are supposed to get into the 50s, so we'll get to see the grass again soon. It's a little cold out there now, temps in the low 30s, so no outside running for me. All the roads are clear, but I'm not taking chances on hitting some black ice. 

I'm hoping the snow keeps away the drunks this afternoon. I work next to an Irish/Scottish bar, so work might be a little nutty today for me. And there's not enough parking there. They have a valet service to try to accommodate drivers. So people are always trying to illegally park in our lot. We barely have any parking spots to begin with. It's just a pain in the ass. Then there's the littering, vomitting irate drunks complaining about cigarette prices, the normal St. Patty's Day antics. Yeah, I'm not looking forward to work.

Oh stress relief! Running, hitting the heavybag, all that fun stuff. Here's my workouts for yesterday and today:

Sunday: After that quick pace on my Saturday run, I wanted to take it easy, so I went for a walk. I walked around the main drag on my town which is full of little stores, coffee shops, the old movie theater (the theater was in the original Blob movie), and restaurants. It wasn't the warmest out, but it was pretty nice in the sun. I walked around town for a little over a half hour, then met up with my buddy Lou for some decaf coffee and an apple scone at my favorite coffee joint, Artisan's Cafe. It was a pretty enjoyable Sunday workout.

Monday: Upper body inside workout. More of the same.

5 minute warm-up

Lawnmowers
In & out biceps
Medicine ball tricep press
Push-ups

Shoulder press
In & out hammers
Tricep kickback 
Push-ups

Back fly
Curl/hammers
Dips (20,10)
Push-ups

Upright row
Static arm curl
Standing Tricep band row
Push-ups

REPEAT

Finish with 1 round shadow boxing, 1 round heavybag, 1 minute running in place.

Weights: 15lb, medicine ball 9lb. Reps: 10, 8. Push-ups: 2,1.

Playlist: Falcon, Coke Bust, The Everymen

Have a beer for me today for St. Patty's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment