Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring Time?

Still pretty chilly for spring, and a chance of a little snow come Wednesday. I've been keeping busy between work, getting ready for the baby, and the workouts. Zim and I got to go out for a bit last night for a farewell party for a friend of ours that's moving to Texas for a couple of years. It was fun. We got to see a bunch of people we haven't seen in a while. Good times.

This week is going to be pretty full, but I'm glad I'm getting things done. I have a hospital tour today, glucose test Tuesday, and I'm getting my car inspected Thursday. Zim has pretty much finished clearing out the baby's room and wants to start painting this week or next weekend. I have the baby furniture already ordered, we're just waiting for it to get shipped and delivered. Happy we're getting the main stuff done kinda early.

And yes, the workouts. I'm still getting them in 5 days a week. And I'm happy I still can at 27 weeks. Here's my workout week wrap-up:

Tuesday: I worked out a little earlier, coz I was meeting my mom at Babies R Us. VERY pleased that I got it in. I had no idea that we'd be at the store for almost 3 hours. Ridiculous. Very nice people there, just no one but the manager knowing how to order furniture. At least it's DONE. Until I get shipped the wrong stuff. I wouldn't be surprised. ANYWAYS...legs.

5 minute warm-up

Lunges
Power knee
Side lunges
Tip toe lunges
Body squats
Calf raises (40lb)
Side kicks
Step back lunges
Elbow to knee
Calf squats
Front kicks
Back kicks

Plank

REPEAT 

1 round shadow boxing, 1 round heavy bag.

Cool down 

Reps: 10, 8 Planks: 30 sec, 20 sec.

Thursday: Total body gym day.

1/4 mile jog on the indoor track.

Lat pull-down (50lb, 50)
Seated shoulder press (35,35)
REPEAT
Seated leg flexion (80,90)

Seated chest press (35,35)
Standing tricep pull-down (30,30)
REPEAT
Calf raises (120,140,160)

Upright row (dumbbells 15,15)
Curls/hammers (15,15)
Body squats 
Elbow to knee
REPEAT

1 mile on the elliptical (about 12 minutes)

Cool down 

Reps: 10,8

Saturday: Beautiful day for a run. Upper 50s/low 60s and sunny. There was a bit of wind, but it wasn't too bad. I started running on the trail but got mixed in around the same pace with 3 other runners, and a little girl on a bike. So, I only had patience for about a 1/2 mile then turned around to run on the road part of the trail. Glad I did coz I got to see that they cleared out the grass part of the trail and put a new bridge in. Never really ran back there coz I encountered 2 water snakes. I'm fine with snakes, but ones near the water and out in the woods scare the crap outta me. Zim had a couple ball pythons, so they don't really bother me. They were behind glass though. ANYWAYS...I got about 2 and 1/2 miles in under 27 minutes. I averaged a 10:49 mile. I felt good, no side stitch or anything. My legs felt heavy though. That's the 20 extra pounds I'm carrying around. 

Sunday: Nice chilly walk. My legs are a little sore, so I took it easy and took a walk with Zim around the neighborhood for a little over a 1/2 hour. 

Now I'm off to make some lunch and MAYBE get a quick little nap in before this hospital tour. Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job. Spring is coming, I know it! Snakes - yikes. Hey, a friend of mine went into labor after getting spooked by a snake. But she was at term and it was a big nasty rattler!

    ReplyDelete