Saturday, March 15, 2014

Quick Saturday Rundown

I decided to post a quick update while sitting on the couch watching "Friday Night Tykes" on TV with Zim. Yup, livin' it up on a Saturday night! We did go earlier to the season home opener Philadelphia Union match. They won 1-0, and we got to talk to some old faces which was real nice. Anyways, here was my last two workouts:

Thursday: Total body

1/4 mile jog warm-up/stretch

Seated lat pull-down (50,50)
Seated shoulder press (30,30)
REPEAT
Weighted calf raise (120,140,160)

Seated chest press (35,30)
Standing tricep pull-down
REPEAT
Leg flexion machine (80,90)

Upright row (15,15)
Curl/hammer (15,15)
Body squats 
Elbow to knee
REPEAT

1/2 mile on the elliptical 

Stretch

Playlist: Everymen

Saturday: Outdoor run/jog
Beautiful out today! Sunny, temps in the 60s, but a bit windy. The trails around me are finally snow and ice free. So I put on the good running sneakers and hit the paved trail around 11am. The trail was a little busy with bikers, dog walkers, and other runners, so you had to be on your toes. It was nice to run on a clear, dry, and level trail. I ran 2 and 1/2 miles in around 26 minutes. I was kinda surprised at my time, 10:25 average a mile. At times picked up the pace to pass some walkers and dog walkers, but I never felt I was pushing it. A little over a mile in, I got a slight side cramp for a minute or two and I slowed down quite a bit, and felt better. I also felt like I had to pee, but that's pretty normal these days. Overall, very happy with my time and run. It was the first time I saw my time and thought it was a little too fast. Kinda weird. But I'm feeling good and the little one is kicking away. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment