Sunday, May 4, 2014

May the 4th Be With You

Star Wars Day! I celebrated by sitting around the house. My allergies kicked up today, so I've been dealing with a slight headache. Fun, fun. Honestly not a bad thing, since I did a bunch of running around yesterday. Did the morning jog, went to the Turf Club to put my Kentucky Derby bets in, went to my old shop for Free Comic Book Day, then went to work. I went sneaker shopping with Zim later and we went out to dinner at one of our favorite places, Craft Ale House. So yeah, I didn't mind sitting more or less on my ass all day today. 

Workout time! Here's my last few days:

Thursday: Inside gym day. Oh the looks I get from people!

1/4 mile warm-up jog

Lat pull-down (50,50)
Seated Incline Press (40,40)
REPEAT
Leg extension (80,90)

Tricep pull-down (30,30)
Seated bench press (40,40)
REPEAT
Calf raise (140,160) -12 reps

Seated row (50,50)
Knees Push-ups
Body squats
Lunges
REPEAT

Finish with 12 minutes on the elliptical.

Reps: 10, 8.

Saturday: A morning jog. About a 1/2 mile on the trail I had to turn around because there was entirely too much mud from the awful flooding we had on Wednesday. I also stopped to walk about a mile in because of a side stitch. I think that popped up more from being nervous of loosing my footage from all the mud. After about walking close to a 1/4 mile, I started to jog again and felt great. Altogether I ran 2.3 miles.

Sunday: Took close to a 2 mile walk for about a 1/2 hour this morning before the Chelsea match. It was a little chilly and drizzling a bit. Glad I got something in. 

Still feeling good, other than the headache today! 

1 comment:

  1. I had a friend who skied until pretty late in her pregnancy. Oh, the looks she got! Actually made me nervous too... I'm glad I didn't put money on the Derby. My horse came in 4th.
    Counting the weeks now!

    ReplyDelete