Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday Morning Workout

Only 5 more weeks till D-Day, hopefully! I'm feeling good, but slowing down. My back will bug me by the early evening. But I guess that's what happen when you're carrying around 30 plus more pounds than usual. Yesterday was my baby shower. It was small and went really well. Pretty much just family and close friends. We got a bunch of stuff that we definately need! Now I just need to wash things and put them away. I'm loving the cute little boy outfits!  I've already finished the "Thank You" cards this morning so I'm ahead of the game.

 I also saw Godzilla this weekend. It was visually amazing and had a good storyline. We saw it in IMAX which is definately the way to see it! It took us two times to actually see the movie. Zim, his mom, and I went to see it opening day Friday, but the IMAX wouldn't work. We got refunded, but it was a big letdown. Zim was so excited to see it, and wasn't too happy. He's a big Godzilla and monster movie fan, so he couldn't wait to see it. Anyways we saw it Sunday night, and it was worth the wait. It had that old school monster movie flick feel, and Godzilla looked pretty awesome. Some of the characters were a little blah, but it didn't need to be a 1/2 hour longer to establish them. I dug it!

Anyways here's my last two workouts:

Saturday: Jogged the trail and did 2.4 miles in a little under a 1/2 hour. Felt pretty damn good on the trail and it was a beautiful day for it. My legs and back were spent after the run. Nothing painful, but sore. Luckily it only lasted the day. I just took it somewhat easy for the rest of the day and on Sunday. I did finally get to start my garden Saturday as well. 

Monday: 

5 minute warm-up

Upright row
Static arm curl
Tricep kick back
Knees push-ups

Back fly
Curl/hammer
Dips (20,10) 
push-ups

Lawnmowers
In & out bicep curls
Medicine ball tricep press (9 lbs)
Push-ups

Shoulder press
In & out hammers
Tricep bands press
Push-ups

REPEAT

Finish with a 1 mile jog.

Reps: 10, 8 Weights: 15lbs Push-ups: On knees 2, 2
Playlist: Dead Boys

2 comments:

  1. Five weeks, you're really in the window now!

    We saw Godzilla at IMAX yesterday. I definitely give it two thumbs up and all my toes too! Really a work of art. What a bummer it would've been if the IMAX wasn't working, I can imagine your disappointment. Glad you got to see it shortly after.

    Great that you're still getting the workouts in. That baby's gonna come out buff!

    ReplyDelete