Saturday, May 10, 2014

Saturday Night Full of Action

Well that title is a big ole lie! I've been on the couch since 7:30, reading a Hellblazer graphic novel and watching boxing and UFC. And you know what, I'm perfectly content with that. I probably could have went to bed at 9, but I didn't feel like being up at 5am tomorrow. I did manage to get out of the house this morning for a run and in the afternoon, Zim and I went to the Union match. It was the first home match since our friend Eric passed away, so it was a bit emotional. There was a moment of silence, a bunch of banners, and a whole lot of love all around. His son Gabe was there and he seemed to be in good spirits. Glad we got to make the match and happy that the rain wasn't too bad. I might be able to make on last match before this baby makes his debut.

Okay here's my last two workouts:

Thursday: I went to the gym for a total body and cardio workout. 

1/4 mile jog around the inside track

Lat pull-down (50,50)
Sitting row (50,50)
REPEAT
Leg extension (80,90)

Seated Incline arm press (40,40)
Seated chest press (40,40)
REPEAT
Calf raise (140,160)
Standing tricep pull-down (30,30)

Knees push-ups
Body squats
Lunges 
REPEAT

Finish with 10-12 minutes on the elliptical

Reps: 10,8 
Playlist: FEAR: More Beer

Saturday: A nice, but pretty warm late spring run. It was pretty damn warm out in the sun. Temps were hovering right around 80 degrees. Glad I took water along with me for the jog. Luckily it was dry though. The rain came later in the day. I jogged 2.45 miles in 30 minutes 15 seconds. I felt good. No side stitches which was a big plus. My legs were HEAVY though. That might be last 2 plus mile run for me. I was never struggling, but I think these extra 30 plus pounds are starting to catch up to me. I can't complain though. I'll be 8 and 1/2 months tomorrow. Of course my damn legs are gonna be heavy!

Happy Mother's Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment