Monday, February 3, 2014

More Snow Monday

Today we're supposed to get another 4-8 inches of snow. We have about 2 out there right now. *Sigh* Come on April!!! I have 2 doctor appointments this week, and it looks like they'll be skirting around the bad weather. Looks like I may be lucking out, fingers crossed. Despite the weather today, the weekend was actually nice. Sunny and temperatures in the 40s. I even got a small run in on Saturday. Last night it started drizzling around 9 and then turned into snow overnight. Speaking of yesterday, I did watch a good part of the Super Bowl. I was surprised at the Seahawks domination and thought the game would be much closer. I thought the commercials were more or less forgettable but halftime was decent. And that's my review. On with the workouts!

Thursday. A inside gym day. I did a total body workout and then used the elliptical for about 20 minutes. Here goes:

1/4 mile warm-up jog

Lat pull-down machine (50, 50, 50)
Overhead press machine (45, 40, 40)
Leg extension machine (70, 80, 95)
Leg flexion machine (70, 80, 95)
Seated chest press machine (40, 40, 35)
Weighted calf machine (120, 140, 160)
Upright rows (15lb x 3)
Curl/hammers (15lb x 3)

20 minutes on the elliptical.

Saturday. A nice 40+ degree day. I wanted to run on one of the trails I like, but they were still snow and slushed covered. I ended up just running around my neighborhood for over 2 and 1/4 miles. 

Playlist: Jawbreaker

Sunday. A light gym day. A nice 30 minutes on the elliptical at the gym.

Playlist: The Blacks Lips

Today will be a chilly garage workout, although if it's too cold I'll go down my basement. Stay safe out there! 

1 comment:

  1. I wholly agree with your Super Bowl review. I'm embarrassed for the Broncos! Glad I didn't watch much, but Bruno did a nice job with half time. Stay safe in the snow!

    ReplyDelete