Sunday, February 9, 2014

My Weeks of Running Are Numbered

Yup. Yes they are. I'm okay. Nothing broken or injured. I got my Sunday 35 minutes on the elliptical this afternoon and felt good. But the outside running is going to have to be put on hold pretty soon. Running at 5 months pregnant is getting a bit uncomfortable. I'm 21 weeks right now and due at the end of June with a baby boy. Exciting! So the next few months are going to be quite nutty, scary, and awesome for Zim and I. So yes, my running days are numbered for a little while!

With all this crap weather, I really haven't been able to get much running in to begin with. The last time I ran, I did 2 and a 1/4 miles. They averaged around 11 minutes, but around a mile and a 1/4 my back started to bug me a bit. I also know I can't run more than a mile in my neighborhood. It's just a little too hilly. Nothing major, but I'd MUCH rather have a nice jog on the flat trail that's near the house. Problem with that is it's covered in ice and snow. So it's a big no go for me. I'll stick to the elliptical.

I'm hoping to get a couple jogs in before I hit 6 months. That is of course if the weather clears up and I feel healthy enough. No more 2 plus miles anymore. During my pregnancy thus far, I have felt healthy and energetic enough to run. My doctors cleared me and I've been cutting back to where I feel comfortable.  Last week was the first time I felt a little uncomfortable, so I'm listening to my body and getting ready to trade my running shoes for walking shoes. 

As for the lifting, I haven't been in any discomfort at all. I know I'll have to cut my half ass push-ups out. They aren't all that pretty anyways. I'm planning on taking each week at a time and decide what to do from how I feel. I definately don't push it. 

So that's my news! It's kinda neat to look back to October and see how different my running mileage was and the weight on some of the other exercises. I'll get there again! And with some different motivation!

By the way, guess what it's doing outside? Yup snowing. Imagine that. Thank god I'm due in June!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Awesome news!
    Dude, it's been a long time since my preggar days, but I remember having to stop the running. I did some stair climber - cripes I don't even think ellipticals existed yet! - and I did some pregnant lady crunches which helped the ab muscles go back together afterward. You're right, just listen to your body, that little boy will let you know what's good and what's not.
    Congrats again! Whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you! I was totally jealous of your 1/2 marathon last week!

    ReplyDelete