Thursday, June 20, 2013

Working For the Weekend

Sooo...that bad ass legs workout I last blogged about...pretty well toasted my legs. Man my legs were feeling spent till Sunday. Woo. I did get in an elliptical workout the next day and decided to go for a 5 mile run on Saturday. Not my best run by FAR. By mile 3 I thought to myself, "Man, this wasn't the smartest idea, my legs are rubber". I gritted my teeth and ran through it. Then promptly took a nap a few hours after. Sunday Zim and I went to my parents to hang out with my dad on Father's Day. I got in a 40 minute boxing workout before we went. I figured the workout would balance out the handful of beers that I'd consume over there. Had a nice time over there though. We got to take a dip in the pool and sit in the sun for a bit. My dad was happy.

This week I had the usual routine. upper body on Monday, elliptical on Tuesday, and I decided to torture myself again with that leg blasting workout. I upped my weight on the squats and lunges too. Oddly, my legs were just a little sore. The body is an amazing machine. Weird how that works. Today I trained my dad and went to the gym with Zim to use the elliptical and get some ab work in. Tomorrow I'm taking the day off. Just too many thing to do. Work, pick up a friend from the airport, and maybe go to another friend's party at night. My body can use a rest anyways.

Other than the workouts, last weekend was pretty busy for me. Friday I went to a show in West Chester to The Note (Bam Margera's bar) to see The GOODAMN GALLOWS and The SWINGING UTTERS show. Fun show! Got to see some old faces and love to see The Gallows on stage antics. Saturday, my local indie movie theater, The Colonial, was running on 8mm JAWS. I went with one of my best girlfriend's family whom I haven't hung out with in a while. Love that movie! We all went out of a bite and some drinks after the movie. Good times! Monday night I saw the legendary punk band BLACK FLAG in Philly. The opening band was quite boring and the second was decent but played a half hour too long. I just felt like I was just waiting for them to both be over. Black Flag was good. They had a lot of energy and sounded decent. Interesting crowd too. 

Enough babbling, it's getting late...Happy Friday!

Playlist: Lawrence Arms, Slapstick

No comments:

Post a Comment