Monday, June 24, 2013

Start Up

Congrats to the Chicago Blackhawks on winning the Stanley Cup. That being said, I've been totally turned off to hockey because of the NHL strike. I really haven't watched a lick in this short season. Hopefully I'll want to watch next season, but the NHL still leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. Large, long contracts, too many teams, and rule changes that makes a defenseman near powerless. And that's on the top of a long list.

Anyways...let's talk workouts! Saturday I ran 5+ miles in Valley Forge Park in the opposite direction as I usually do. I don't know if it was the heat or the beers of the night before at my best girlfriend's party but that run KICKED my ass. Probably a combination. I only had 4 beers in 3 hours. But hell, 2 1/2 miles in I had to stop to walk. I've NEVER done that before. Just not my day. Sunday, I felt better and did a boxing routine for 40 minutes. Today was a strength training gym day. I worked on upper body for about 25 minutes, ran on the elliptical for 30 minutes, and finished with about 5 minutes of abs. 

Kept busy this weekend. Zim and I went to a local indie wrestling show in Philly. It was old ECW type stuff put on by Tommy Dreamer called House of Hardcore. Not bad whatsoever, and worth the $25. And the people watching...AMAZING. Wow. Just wow. I got to see John Morrison and Terry Funk in person. John Morrison is quite easy on the eyes. Tall, build, and super hot. Never in a million years would I think I'd go to something like that. Fun time though. And Sunday I got to see the Philly Union kick the NY Red Bulls ass! Sweet!

Playlist: Lawrence Arms, Black Flag

1 comment:

  1. I really think the heat is tougher on us than the cold, especially if it's humid too.

    I've never followed pro wrestling, but I used to work at a hotel in Denver where wrestlers would stay when in town for events. They were all so laid back and QUIET. But once the cameras started rolling, it was all trash talking loud. And yeah, the fans! Nice pic!

    ReplyDelete