Monday, June 2, 2014

June Already!

Wow, these past 6 months have FLOWN by. I still feel like I've been pregnant for like 2 years straight. But D-Day is in sight and hopefully 3 weeks away. And going early is a-okay for me. I'm excited to meet the little man, get used to a whole new way of life, and get my body back. And damn, I miss coffee! Coffee with caffeine, not the decaf crap I've been drinking. 

I'm still getting my normal 4 workouts done per week. I did decide Saturday to save my back and knees and hang up the running shoes for my half hour runs. I did about 32 minutes on the elliptical for 2.85 miles. My body definately thanked me later. The elliptical isn't as fun as an outside jog, but it's going to have to do for a little while. My husband was happy about the choice as well. I think he wanted me to give up the running a month ago, but he's would never tell me not to. 

Monday:

5 minute warm-up

Lawnmowers
Static arm curl
Dips
Knees push-ups

Upright rows
In & out biceps
Medicine ball tricep press
Push-ups

Shoulder flys
Curls/hammers
Tricep kickback
Push-ups

Shoulder press
In & out hammers
Tricep band press
Push-ups

Finish with a 1 mile jog.
Stretch

Reps: 10, 8 Weights: 15lbs Push-ups: on knees 2, 2
Playlist: Hank Williams III

I ran the mile in 13:45. It was slow and a bit tough. No side stitch though which was great. I felt pretty decent, but the last quarter mile was a little challenging. I may try a 10 minute jog later in the week. This might be my last week of straight jogging. At 37 weeks, I'm just more than happy that I got a mile in. 

1 comment:

  1. Someone told me that God made pregnancy last for 9 months so that moms will happily put up with all that labor business - anything to be done with being pregnant! Good that you've kept up your fitness, your body should bounce right back.
    Three weeks - wow, exciting times a-coming. I used to fantasize about a big cup of gas station joe. If you're nursing, might need to abstain longer :)

    ReplyDelete