Friday, June 6, 2014

End of Week Wrap Up

This week has flown by! I got a bunch of little odds and ends stuff finished. I finished baby's laundry, got my hair cut, cleaned up the house, etc. I even made it to the boxing gym twice to help out and talk to the newspapers. It's our program's 15th anniversary, so a couple of reporters came down to interview some boxers and the coaches. It was nice. I've been making to the boxing gym regularly once a week since about March. I used to go twice a week, but I was worried about germs and getting sick. We always keep up with the cleaning, but it's hard to avoid germs when you'd in close quarters putting on gloves and greasing a kid up who's about to spar. Anyways, it was nice hanging out with "the boys" a little more this week. 

I went to the doc's on Tuesday and everything went well. I was told the baby has dropped and is assuming the position. She also said that she wouldn't be surprised if the baby went early. I'm still only about 2 and 1/2 weeks away. I hope she's correct though! A Friday the 13th baby would be really cool! Especially that I've been watching cheesy '80s horror flicks every night for the past few weeks. Fingers crossed!

Here's the mid week workouts:

Tuesday:

5 minute warm-up

Tip toe lunges
Elbow to knee
Calf squats
Side kicks
Step back lunges
Power knee 
Lunges
Side lunges
Body squats
Front kicks
Calf raises
Back kicks
Planks

REPEAT

1 round shadow boxing, 1 round heavy bag, 1 minute run in place
Cool down/Stretch
Reps: 10, 8 Planks: 30 sec, 20 sec
Playlist: The Orwells

Wednesday: A cardio day. I just went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the elliptical for about 2.75 miles. It was a nice paced workout.

Friday:

1/4 mile warm-up jog

Shoulder press
Lunges
In & out hammers
REPEAT

Bent over rows
Body squats
Dips
REPEAT

Lawnmowers
Calf raises (40lbs)
Curl/hammers
REPEAT

In & out shoulder flys (10lbs)
Side lunges
Knees push-ups
REPEAT

Finish with a 3/4 mile/10 minute jog
Stretch

Reps: 10, 8 Weights: 15lbs
Playlist : The Germs

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like some serious nesting going on at your house :). I think a Friday the 13th baby would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete