Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Final June Workout

I'm guessing today was my last workout of the month. Kinda sad, but ultimately excited. I found out from my doc's yesterday that the baby boy has my sense of direction and won't position himself head down. He's been laying transverse and if I suddenly went into labor, I would need an emergency C-Section to get him out. The doc is also worried that the umbilical cord might choke him or cut off his oxygen by the way he's laying if I were to go into labor as well. I asked what was the safest thing to do, and a C-Section is scheduled for this Friday. For some miraculous reason he assumes the position and they find him head down, they'll call off the surgery. I highly doubt that will happen, and in my head, I'm set to have this baby in two days.

Of course I had my hopes on a natural childbirth, but this is the safest way. Recovery time is going to be longer and I know I'll be limited in what I can do in the first few weeks, but as they say, it is what it is. It's a relief there's a date set now, and and can prepared myself for it. It's all worth it for the new baby boy!!

So yesterday I started getting affairs in order. Getting the last of cleaning done, a grocery store big restock, and of course buying a 6 pack of BEER!!! Looking forward to drinking one hopefully next week! It will go well with my strawberry Vicodin smoothies I'll be making for the abdominal pain. I'm obviously kidding. Not about the beer though. And at least I'll have a bunch of World Cup matches to watch while I'm taking care of the baby. 

Today, I said what the hell, let's get in one last workout in. Here goes:

Shoulder press
Curls
Lunges
REPEAT

In & out shoulder flys
Tricep kickback
Calf raises (40lbs)
REPEAT

In & out hammers
Body squats
Dips
Knees push-ups
REPEAT

1 round shadow boxing, 1 round heavy bag, 2 minutes running in place.
Reps: 10, 8 Weights: 15 lb
Playlist: Dirty Kid Discount

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, an actual date on the calendar! One of my nephews was breech in my sis-in-law, but turned head down at the last minute. Ya never know. Either way, I hope everything goes smoothly! Given a choice between a scheduled c-section and an emergency c-section, I'd schedule it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victor Vincent Zimmerman. 10 pounds, 1 ounce. Thank god for C-Sections!!!

    ReplyDelete