Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Nice Rainy Tuesday

A quickie summary of my workouts:

Saturday: Zim, his mom, and our friend Dell did a 5K in town. I didn't participate, I did get in about a 20 minute walk as I waited for them to cross the finish line. It was a beautiful day out, so what the hell. It was called "Dog Jog" and people were encouraged to run with their pets. I don't think my kitty would have liked being on a leash, so Zim ran alone. I have tried walking my cat, but he's a little Houdini when it comes in escaping a harness. He slips it every time I've tried. Luckily we've never made it out of the house. The whole race had a nice setup and there were TONS of pets up for adoption. I would definately run it next year.

Sunday:
I got an early start to my workout week and decided to do my Monday arms workout. 

5 minute warm-up

Upright row
Static arm curls
Dips (20,10)
Knees push-ups

Shoulder flys
Curl/hammers
Medicine tricep press
Push-ups

Lawnmowers
In & out curls
Tricep kickback
Push-ups

Shoulder press
In & out hammers
Tricep band press
Push-ups

Finish with a 1 mile jog - (around 13:45)

Reps: 10, 8 Weights: 15 lbs Push-ups: On knees 2,2
Playlist: The Holy Mess

I skipped Monday coz I had an ultrasound in the morning. Everything looked good! He was transverse in my uterus, so he wasn't looking for the way out yet. I hope he does soon!

Tuesday:
5 minute warm-up

Tip toe lunges
Elbow to knee
Calf squats
Power knee
Step back lunges
Side kicks
Calf raises (40lbs)
Front kicks
Lunges
Back kicks
Body squats
Side lunges
Plank

1 round shadow boxing, 1 round heavy bag, 1 minute run in place

Reps: 10, 8 Planks: 30 sec, 20 sec
Playlist: Cro-Mags

2 comments:

  1. Still in one piece! Must be counting the days.
    We had a "Doggie Dash" here much like your Dog Jog. I found out about it after the fact. My dog wouldn't like it, and definitely NOT the cat, but maybe I'll watch for it next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait!
    My husband said some people's pets were running out of steam, so their owners were picking them up and carrying them. I can't imagine that being very fun. Good cause though!

    ReplyDelete