Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! Mine's been quite quiet thus far. I don't do any major cooking on Thanksgiving, so my day is usually free before dinner. Occasionally my mom has asked us to bring an appetizer, but because there hasn't been alot of us for dinner in the past couple years, she's told us to not bother. I did bake a couple batches of cookies last night to bring over. I go over to my mom's every Thanksgiving, while Zim goes over his mom's. Zim doesn't eat turkey, stuffing, or the rest of a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. My mom would make him seafood pasta, but in the last few years, he doesn't want anyone to go out of their way for him. So he goes over his mom and they typically eat some sort of fish. Everyone is happy. 

The nor'easter that made it's home in the northeast for the past couple days has finally moved out and the sun is shining. In the Philly suburbs, we got about 2 inches of rain or more. There was localized flooding and a bunch of road closures yesterday morning. We also had some sleet and a bit of snow too. If temperatures would have been down 5 degree yesterday, all that rain would have been snow. What a mess that would have been! After all that rain, the temperature dropped below freezing last night, and the roads were a little slick. Zim and I went to dinner, then stayed home for the rest of the night. 

This morning it was nice to see the sun. I debated on going for a run but it was still below freezing and I really didn't feel like dealing with ice. I ended up going to my gym. It's open 7am - 1pm today. I was kinda surprised. I went around 10am and worked out for close to an hour. Here's how it went:

1/4 mile jog around the track, stretch out

Lat pull-down machine (50lb)
Shoulder press machine (50lb)
Seated leg press (120,135,150)

Seated bench press machine e (50,40)
Seated rowing machine (50)
Calf raise machine (160,180,200)

Standing tricep pull down (30)
Seated cable rowing machine (60,70)
Leg extension machine (70,85,90)

Upright row dumbbell (15)
Hammers (15)
Body squats

20 minutes on the elliptical. (2.5 miles)
Stretch out

(Each exercise is 3 sets with reps of 10,8, and 6.)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! 

1 comment:

  1. What? No Turkey Trot? You seem to get in a bunch of fun 5k's where you are. Doesn't sound like the weather was so good for it anyway. Have fun at your mom's!

    ReplyDelete