Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Funday

Well not really...but it wasn't bad or anything. The weekend was pretty good to me. After being horribly sick after work on Friday, things got better with a well needed nap. These upper 60s/70s temps that fall to 35 at night kill me. They spurn migraines and all that other fun stuff that go with them. Nausea, fatigue, light sensitivity, and don't forget your head and jaw throbbing in pain. I've had a helluva lot worse, but it's never a fun experience. After my long nap and some food, I felt better. Needless to say, there was no workout for me.

Saturday morning was chilly, temps in the low 40s. I put on my track pants, zipped up the old hoodie, and got a nice 5 mile run in on the trail. I was running pretty slow for me, a 9:30 pace, enjoying the chill in the air and the nice fall scenery. I still had a slight headache, but I do find exercising/running makes me feel better when dealing with mild symptoms. Later in the day, Zim and I attended our first rugby match. It was the New Zealand Maori All Blacks v the US Eagles. Very cool to watch. I know the very basic rules in rugby, and didn't find myself too lost. It also helped the kid sitting next to me knew the game quite well and was explaining to his dad what was going on. Those rugby boys are GIANTS. And man, do they hit each other! I would love to see another match, and hope it's in the afternoon, so it's slightly warmer. Very cool to see!

Today was a gym elliptical day. I did 35 minutes, followed by some light ab work. My sister had a Thirty-One party at her house in the afternoon, so I got the workout in early. Thirty-One is a company that sells all sorts on bags, totes, purses, etc. They have some nice looking bags that you can use for just about anything. I got a couple Xmas gifts ordered and had fun hangin' with my sister's friends. Good times.

Off to bed in a few! Happy Sunday!

Playlist: Hank 3, Modern Life is War


No comments:

Post a Comment