Monday, November 25, 2013

Git 'Er Done

I woke up to a nice cold morning with sheets and the comforter wrapped around me and a curled up kitty to my side. Ahh, nice and cozy in bed. Then that alarm goes off and ruins that tender moment between you and the bed. That's Mondays for you. Only on the weekends do I wake up next to Zim. He's out of bed by 4am during the week. Tough schedule. Better than the nights he worked for years though. Anyways, after some breakfast and the local news, I slid on the track pants, put on the Under Amour hoodie, and started warming up in the garage. I've been meaning to change up the upper strength training routine, so I tweeked a bit. Here goes:

5 minute warm-up

5 push-ups/pull-ups

Lawnmowers
Curls
Dips (20 reps)

2nd time round- 5 pull-ups

Shoulder press
Hammers
Overhead tricep press

5 push-ups/pull-ups

In & out shoulder fly
Elbow out lawnmowers
In & out bicep

5 push-ups

Upright row
In & out hammers
Tricep kickback

5 push-ups/pull-ups

REPEAT

Finish with a 1 mile jog...Brrrr...cool down and stretch

First set 10 reps, second 8 reps
I used 15 lbs dumbbells with the exception of all lawnmowers, 18lbs, and overhead tricep and in & out shoulder flys,12lbs. 
1st set start with push-ups to equal 20, 2nd set is pull-ups to equal 20.

Off to take a shower and get to work! Stay warm!

Playlist: Arcade Fire: Reflektor 

2 comments:

  1. It's been cold here too. Went from really mild fall to instant winter! Helps to keep moving, but yeah, tough to get out of bed somedays. Lawnmowers? I'll have to youtube that one... Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete