Saturday, July 27, 2013

Beach Run

Zim and I decided to get away from Philly's burbs for the weekend and retreated to Ocean City, NJ. We drove last night to beat the rush hour traffic. Took us about an hour and a half. I had a couple of vodkas after we settled in and watched some Muay Thai on TV. Man, there were some brutal elbows in a couple of those matches. Interesting stuff. 

I woke up to a beautiful, sunny, 70 degree morning. I put on my running shoes and ran to the beach. LOVE running on the beach. It's so tranquil and peaceful. It's wasn't super busy on the beach, but there were some other runners, walkers, and fisherman out. The closer I got to the boardwalk the more people began to appear with their beach chairs. Altogether I ran close to 4 miles in a little over 35 minutes. My stride felt good too. Great morning for a run.

After my run, I got changed and went to breakfast at the little corner diner with Zim for some sausage eggs, and coffee. Sooo good! Now to change into my bathing suit and hit the beach! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend. I've been to a beach only 3 times in my life! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately I live only an hour and a half away from the Jersey shore. One of the reasons I love living in Philly.

    ReplyDelete