Sunday, August 4, 2013

August Already

The summer is FLYING by! As it usually does though. After relaxing at Ocean City last weekend it was back to the dregs of work and getting the workouts in. I actually had a great week of workouts. I squatted a personal record of 110 pounds on Wednesday. I ran a couple of trails, flat and up a mountain for 3 plus miles. This afternoon, the weather was a beautiful 82 degree day and full of sunshine. I was going to take the day off from a workout, but I decided last minute to get a 4 mile run in. It was too damn pretty out! I ran my fastest time in a while, averaging a 8:37 minute mile. I'm super happy that I've found my stride again. 

I'm going to have a pretty busy schedule this week. I have a small concert tonight in Philly featuring some old punk rock bands from the late 90s, The Virus and Violent Society. Should be a lot of fun and hopefully there will be no fights.  I also have tickets to two shows for This Is Hardcore Fest on Thursday and next Sunday. There's a bunch of punk/hardcore bands playing each day. Thursday, I'm looking forward to seeing Kid Dynamite and Striking Distance. Sunday, I'm there to see Paint It Black and Slapshot. Gwar's headlining that show too. I also have tickets to a Phillies game and Union match. At least I'm keeping busy! The weather's supposed to be great this week as well. Good for running!

No comments:

Post a Comment